Introduced in 1950 at the Giro di Sicilia as a racing sports car, a grand tourer version of this car was also released the same year for the wider public.
Aimed at the same buyers from the previous 166, twenty-seven cars were produced in less than a year with a larger revised 2.3L version of the Colombo V12 engine that came with its predecessor. The engine increase was accomplished by a single Weber carburettor normally fitted, for a total output of 130 hp. However, some used triple carbs were able to get a somewhat higher performance. This is a real-deal racer to drive.