If you’re thinking about buying a used Kia Sorento, you’re likely interested in hearing the pros and cons of the vehicle. After all, you want to know exactly what you’re going to spend your money on.
It’s interesting to note that Kia started out as a manufacturer of bicycle parts in South Korea but moved on to become the country’s first car manufacturer. It began producing motorcycles in the 50s, trucks in the 60s, and cars in the mid-70s. The Sorento is the latest Kia creation, and it comes with many technology options and other features. We’ll look at both the positives and negatives of this impressive vehicle.
Pros of Buying a Used 2015 Sorento
- Price Point. The Sorento is an affordable car, even when it’s new. That means it’s just as affordable, if not more so, as a used vehicle. While this might make you wonder about the quality of the vehicle, it actually has a number of safety features and advanced models with features you’d expect from more expensive brands.
- Smooth Ride. Another positive of the Kia Sorento is the comfortable and smooth ride that it offers. You will rarely feel bumps or shifts from the road, whether in the front or the back. It has a newly reworked suspension and insulation that take care of these problems before you even know they’re there.
- Easy Shifting. The Kia Sorento comes with a six-speed automatic transmission that is smooth as butter to shift. Whether you’re in the driver seat, passenger seat, or back seat, you’ll rarely feel any uncomfortable motions attributable to the shift.
- Reasonable Power. The 2015 Sorento offers a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine with 191 horsepower. There’s also a version with a 3.3-liter V6 that delivers 290 horsepower. The V6 provides lots of power, as well as strong acceleration when you have the vehicle on the open road.
- Interior Features. This generation of Kia comes with many modern features that most will appreciate. You’ll find second-row window shades, dual zone climate control, an 8-inch infotainment center, LCD speedometer, and much more. Nearly all of these features are intuitive and straightforward to use with responsive controls you can trust.
- Safety Features. Kia has always been known for safety, and the 2015 Sorento falls right in line. It has side head airbags, stability control, four-wheel disc brakes, traction control, and brake assist. It also has outstanding ratings of five stars in side and frontal crash testing.
- Fuel Efficiency. The front wheel drive with four-cylinder engine offers 20 mpg on city streets and 27 mpg on the highway. This is pretty reasonable when measured against similar vehicles of the size and type. The more powerful V6 model has 18 mpg city and 25 mpg highway, which is average, as well.
- This vehicle is built with an eye for maneuvering, and it does the job right. It’s a breeze to move around as you need, even when in a big crowd of cars such as in traffic or a busy parking lot.
Cons of the 2015 Kia Sorento
- You’re going to find more space in the Sorento than you might in a regular sedan, but it’s not as roomy as other mid-size SUVs. Larger families may conclude that the vehicle is simply too small for them to be comfortable, while smaller families may not mind as much. Also, there isn’t as much cargo room as some will want.
- Interior Materials. Not all of the interior is made of high-quality materials. Some parts are a bit flimsy and can seem a little cheap. If that doesn’t bother you, though, it’s not the biggest negative that you’ll find in a reasonably priced used vehicle.
- Engine Noise. This mainly pertains to the V6 engine, which certainly offers a bit of a boost in power. The problem is the engine can be a bit loud for some, especially those who are used to quieter vehicles.
The Kia Sorento from 2015 is an excellent choice for many when it comes to a used mid-sized SUV. It has excellent fuel efficiency, performance, features, and safety. That said, some will be turned off by the loud engines, smaller space, and materials used in the interior. For those who brush those things off, this is a reliable option for your next used car buy.