As soon as the Ford Mustang came onto the asphalt, it was a popular and exciting sports car. This has never changed. It’s featured in movies and written about in songs. It has a classic feel matched by exciting colors that have appealed to people for generations. The 2015 Mustang brought with it a massive redesign that has made it only that much more “cool”.
We’ll go over what this car has to offer and whether it’s the right used car for you.
Reasons to Put the Mustang at the Top of Your List
- Style and presence. Nobody is going to deny that the Ford Mustang is a beautiful sports car. With the 2015 model, it goes back to its roots with a classic style that many have yearned for. It’s also wider and sits closer to the ground. The changes to the appearance have also enhanced aerodynamics without losing any of that style.
- Multiple engines to choose from. Whether you want a boost of power or a more practical build, you’ll find it with the 2015 Mustang. There are three different choices. There’s a V8 for those who want the most power, a V6 for those who want a balance, and a turbocharged four-cylinder for those who want to save money.
- Reasonable gas mileage. You may not expect to get high mileage out of a sports car, but the Mustang doesn’t do too badly with it. Depending on the engine, you can expect anywhere from 15 to 22 miles a gallon in the city, while highway range tends to be anywhere from 25 to 31 miles per gallon.
- Outstanding handling. With the redesign for this model year, you’ll find a car that gives you better control. It has more precise steering and is more consistent acceleration and braking. It’s also got a smooth ride courtesy of the independent rear suspension.
- Personalized driving preferences. With a Mustang, the driving is the most important thing, and it’s clear that Ford realizes that. There are four driver settings that you can swap between easily with the flip of a switch. The options include normal, wet and snow, sport, and track. In response to flipping the switch, the car will adjust its intervention and handling to favor the new driving mode, so the driver has a better sense of control, no matter where or how they are currently driving.
- Easy to start and enter. Drivers who have a key fob in their packet can easily get into their vehicle and start it, as well. This is very convenient and popular with owners of the 2015 Mustang. Once you’ve gotten into the car, the vehicle starts smoothly with the push of a single button.
- Safety features. There are plenty of features available that help drivers avoid accidents. You’ll find forward collision warning and brake support which notify you if it seems a crash is incoming. The brakes will then pre-charge and be ready to stop on a dime in the instance that you need them. There is also a blind spot system that uses radar to detect any vehicle’s in areas you can’t see.
- So many colors. There are a total of ten colors available for the redesigned Mustang, although some may be easier to find than others in a used version. That said, no matter your style, there’s an option for you. They include race red, triple yellow, deep impact blue, oxford white, ingot silver, magnetic silver, competition orange, black, guard, and ruby red.
Of course, every vehicle has a few flaws, and we’d be remiss to ignore them. There aren’t a lot of them, but some may find that they aren’t capable of getting over them.
The Mustang, as is typical, has a small backseat. It’s not the kind of car you can cart around a bunch of other people in. It can hold two people, but it may not be comfortable if those individuals are large, tall, or both.
It also offers only rear-wheel drive. This is common for a Mustang, but it does make it a choice that might not be best for those in areas with substantial rain or snow.
Other than that, the Mustang is pretty much a dream and if you’ve always want to own one, getting a used one might be an excellent idea. It has the style, features, and handling that many want in a used sports car.