If you are considering the purchase of a 2015 Chevy Equinox, you likely want to know a bit about what you can expect. The 2015 model of Equinox brought with it a number of different features and enhancements that made it an attractive SUV. As a used car buyer, you have the option of enjoying many of these features and for a much lower price than someone who bought the vehicle new.
We’ll look at the various aspects of the car, including complaints and praise that has come from past owners of the Equinox.
All the Basics
The Equinox has song through a few upgrades since its initial arrival on the market in 2005. The car itself stays true to the modern, sleek look that many appreciate while adding features that make it even more in dement.
Reasons to Buy a 2015 Equinox
- Innovation to technology features. There are a few new features in the technology realm with the 2015 Equinox. The first of these is the implementation of 4G LT Bluetooth technology. It can connect with up to seven devices and has hotspot This vehicle also has the Chevrolet MyLink touchscreen monitor which can be used as a screen for your smartphone. On top of that, OnStar is available with options for help with navigation and crashes.
- Roomier interior. This vehicle has a decent amount of space with 63.7 cubic feet of cabin space to enjoy. The back also now is adjustable with sliding movement and the ability to fold things up to add more rear cargo space.
- Fuel efficiency. The 2015 Chevrolet Equinox offers an 18.8-gallon sized tank, which is going to be large enough for most people. It also has reasonable fuel efficiency with the ability to go 22 miles per gallon in town and 32 miles per gallon if you are traveling via highway.
- Safety features. The vehicle has a total of six airbags, including dual front side-mounted airbags. It also features child safety locks to prevent young children from opening a door and leaving a vehicle that is moving. The vehicle also has lane departure warning, forward collision alert, and rear park assistance sensors. You’ll also find LATCH system restraints for children who are in booster seats or car seats.
- Engine and towing. The vehicle can tow anywhere from 1,500 pounds to 3,500 pounds, which depends on the trim level that is purchased. It also has two different engines, depending on trim. The first is a 4-cylinder front-wheel drive with 182 horsepower. The other is an all-wheel drive with the same horsepower These engines have automatic transmissions. There is also a V6 option available but only for the LTZ trim.
- Other important aspects. You’ll find that this vehicle has a hushed interior that is capable of keeping out noise from the outside. It also has spacious seating that is extremely comfortable. Whether you are driving or a passenger, you will likely enjoy travel in this particular vehicle. There are also a few upgrade options that you may find in some used models. These include remote key start and heated front seats for both the passenger and driver.
Complaints Regarding the 2015 Equinox
There aren’t a lot of complaints about this car, but they do exist, and it’s important to be aware of them, so you aren’t blindsided if you choose to purchase this used vehicle. One of the things that may be a downfall for you is that the vehicle has weak acceleration and can have weak power when switching lanes or speeding up to pass other people. This can lead to the driver pushing the pedal to the floor, hurting fuel efficiency.
Secondly, some have said that this vehicle has little ability to handle terrain smoothly, feeling more like a pickup truck. While the problem has been suggested in the V6 trim option, it seems to be less of a problem.
The 2015 Chevrolet Equinox has a lot of great things going for it, and it could be a fantastic car for the right person. It has a handful of issues that people have spoken out about, but they are small issues that many won’t care about. If you’re looking at this vehicle as a used car, you’ll likely be happy with it.